Marco Polo Video Chat: A Beginner’s Guide
Marco Polo video messaging app allows you to record short video messages for your friends. The app has lots of useful features and personalization options, but you only need a few of them to start socializing. Let’s have a look at these features and learn how to use them.
Before you can send a video to someone, you have to add that someone to your contacts list. You can do it by adding a friend’s number manually, but allowing the app to import it automatically is so much faster. The first time you run Marco Polo, it will offer to import all of your contacts – or some of them. There are options: you can decide who to add yourself or let the app pick those of your friends who are already using it.
Here’s how you import your contacts:
1. Open the People tab. You can find it in the main menu.
2. Look through the list showing all of your friends already using Marco Polo.
3. Tap the Add+ button to start a chat with a contact, or use Create Group to start a group chat.
4. If a friend you’re looking for isn’t on the list, you can add their phone number directly, and they will be invited via text.
5. Now you can open the chat and start messaging.
Let’s find out how you can create a video and send it to a friend – after all, you’re going to need it all the time. First, you have to start a chat, but we’ve got that covered already. You can access all of your current chats via the Chats tab of the main menu.
So, the whole process goes like this:
1. Open the Chats tab.
2. Choose a friend or a group chat from the list by simply tapping the icon.
3. Your camera will now open automatically. There are different voice filters at the bottom of your screen – choose one to add a funny filter to your voice. You can also pick one of four extra options by tapping one of the icons on either side of the Start button.
4. The T icon allows you to add an overlaying text to your video. The Landscape icon replaces your video with a photo of your choice. You can still record an audio message. The button with the unicorn opens the menu with the voice filters. And the last one can be used to rotate your camera.
5. Tap the Start button to start recording your video. Please note that your contacts will be notified when you do it, and they will be able to watch the message in real time. Anyway, it won’t be sent to the chat until you stop recording.
6. Tap End to finish your message and send it to the chat.
There’s no need to worry about how to save a Marco Polo video – the app saves them automatically. However, you may need to delete a certain video from a chat. Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to the Chats tab and open the chat with the recording you wish to delete.
2. Tap and hold the thumbnail.
3. Tap Delete this Polo.
This will delete only one video. If you want to erase an entire chat, do the following:
1. Open the Chats tab.
2. Tap the three dots icon of the chat you wish to delete.
3. Tap Block/Delete Chat. Now you can tap Delete Chat to simply clear this chat or tap Block and Delete Chat to clear it and prevent the contact from sending you messages.
Marco Polo allows you to set custom backgrounds for your chats. Tap the three dots icon of a chat, then choose the Set Chat Tile option to select a file. This file will serve as a background for your group chat. You can find other means to personalize your app in the settings. There you can change your profile picture, customize your notifications, and set your birthday.
And Much More
The app has all kinds of interesting features, and in this Marco Polo video walkie talkie review, we’ve covered only the most basic of them. So please share and comment on anything you have discovered yourself.